We are a sporting clay facility and an outdoor event venue!
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.
Texas Premier Sporting Arms is a family owned and Aggie operated shooting range and club, located just 25 minutes west of Katy and five miles from I-10.
What is sporting clays?
Sporting Clays is a challenging clay target game designed to simulate field shooting. On a Sporting Clays course, shooters are presented with a wide variety of targets that duplicate the flight path of game-birds, such as flushing, crossing, incoming and other angling shots.
Our courses are laid out in natural surroundings and include up to 30 “stations” with shooters moving from one station to the next to complete the course. Each “station” presents shooters with a different type of shot. At a “grouse station,” for example, shooters might face flushing “birds” that zip in and out of the trees. At a “decoying duck” station, incoming targets may float in toward the shooter. At any “station,” targets may be thrown as singles, simultaneous pairs, following pairs (one target right after the other), or report pairs (the second target launched at the sound of the gun being fired at the first). To further challenge shooters, target size may vary from the standard trap/skeet clay bird to the smaller “midi” and “mini” targets, or a flat disc shaped “battue” target. There are even special “rabbit” targets that are thrown on end and skitter across the ground.
In addition to the shooting range, Texas Premier is a wonderful location for your next event. Whether it is a birthday party, a family reunion, or a corporate retreat, we’ve got you covered. An on site event planner will assist you with all of your meeting and event needs. Event sizes run from 10 to 500 attendees.
What we offer:
- A well run, beautiful facility
- Open seven days a week for members only
- Three sporting clay courses
- Two 5-Stands
- Asphalt roads
- Golf cart rental (must call ahead to reserve a cart)
- Easy, straight-forward pricing
- An on-site event planner with 10 years planning experience
- 50′ x 80′ pavilion with a Big Ass Fan – it seats 400 guests; located between large oak trees for a beautiful scenic view with a large built-in fan for comfort on those hot days
- Partial advertising for events through Texas Premier website and numerous social media pages
- Registration assistance for events
Come see Ryan, Rebecca, Judy and Dave at their outstanding facility!